Monday, September 25, 2006

Memories

Was thinking again today, while the radio was on and Saddam is being tried for genocide and continually he's thrown out of court, about all the wars that have happened in my lifetime, and it's strange that I can remember exactly what I was doing at the time. Like on the day of 9/11, I was looking for a house in Jordanstown for starting Uni. And when the Gulf War was on I was in P7, and we'd to bring in newspaper clippings everyday for a scrapbook. And the day of the Omagh bomb I was playing footy up at Graham McGuigan's, which we did most summer days off school.

Anyway I then thought how class must it have been to be a disciple of Jesus to have witnessed all these miraculous events, and be able to pin point their exact whereabouts when the event took place. Or even the general public in those days, when they heard the news that this mighty man Jesus, the Son of God, had performed another amazing feat. They would no doubt remember where they were that day.

Anytime I write something serious in this thing I strive to make a point, but I can't manage one here, not sure what i'm trying to say, if anything at all.

1 Comments:

At 11:23 AM, September 30, 2006, Blogger dave wiggins said...

i hear you ...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home